Sunday 30 August 2009

Hello everyone, me again,
here are a couple of pics of Sally 'sat' on the chair - this has become a common occurance lately.

Sally will be 40 weeks old on Tuesday and now weighs 42 kg - just over 6 and a half stone. She does not seem to have grown much more but does appear to be filling out more in the chest area. She still has a scar where the tick was weeks ago - I don't know if it will go or she might always have it - hope not!

When I took her to the vets last week to be spayed the vet recommended not doing the operation yet as she was still in season, her mammary glands were still swollen so she said she still had some hormones circulating which would mean the tissues were still more delicate and may make the operation more risky and also she might be more prone to phantom pregnancies in the future and we definately did not want that as Katie suffered badly with them. So weare now waiting until the end of October or beginning of November to have it done - there is no rush as she will not be due another season for 6 months. Instead we are starting on the programme for applying for a pet passport; Sally is already microchipped so that is the first part; next she has to have a rabies injection followed by blood tests. We are hoping to take her to Spain next year and the passport taked about 8 months to be final. It is not a problem taking her out of the country but bringing her back she would have to be quarrantined for 6 months without the passport.

That's all for now, we have just come back from the caravan and Sally has had a couple of hours rest and is now playing with Neil.

Sally, Neil & Johanna.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, it's comfortable sitting like that isn't it, but even better if you can wangle your way onto a knee. I am a bit big for that now and nearly squash people when I try it. I like to balance on Mum's leg with my two front feet, but she insists I am too heavy even for that now.
    I had my birthday yesterday, I had a lovely day with presents and a birthday cake.
    Speak soon.
    Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bertie
    Happy Birthday for the 7th, sorry its late!
    Glad you had a lovely day.
    I too like sitting on knees but can only get my head and front legs on now but its nice all the same.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete