Wednesday 25 November 2009


Hello Everyone
Happy Birthday to Sally - 1 today.
She has had a nice day, starting with a longer than usual walk down the lane, through puddles and mud and she seemed to love it.
When we got home there was food and treats including a fresh bone and playtimes and plenty of rest.  She is still asleep now at 8pm. I took the day off work today so that I could spend the day with her and it was lovely.

On the 11th November I took Sally to the vets to be spayed.  As usual she walked in with no problem to see the vet - I was more nervous than her.  When I handed her lead over to the vet she walked off with her without even a look back and a few minutes later after I had been to talk to the girls at reception I saw the vet and asked her if Sally was ok and she said she was licking the leg of the nurse that was getting her pre-med.
When we went to pick her up at 5pm she came walking out like she was drunk with her head held low and we brought her straight home where she took to her bed and stayed there for a few hours, sleeping mostly and every so often lifting her head deciding against it and putting it back down again.

 
Sally feeling sorry for herself aaawwwww



Sallys' wound

Getting lots of sympathy


First move and first food after operation.

This state did not last too long and by the next morning she was completely b ack to normal.  She has been really good and has never tried to lick or pull at her stitches, even Helen, the vet was impressed last Monday when we took her back to have her stitches out - there was no redness or inflamation and it has healed up very well.

This week with the colder weather we have discovered a way to keep Sally calm in the evening - by lighting the fire - she loves it and will lie in front of it for hours 
Sally with an empty whiskey bottle.
Well the birthday girl is well and truly awake now and wanting attention so I have to go as she keeps putting her slobbery chops on the laptop - not good.
Bye for now
Johanna, Neil and Sally


1 comment:

  1. Aww, Sally hope you are feeling fully recovered now. I have just come back from my holidays with all my friends at the kennel, I had a great time.
    Isn't this weather lovely, I think it is great the snow, rolling about in it is especially good but don't think Mum and Dad like it. They would rather it was nice and warm, some hope.
    Bye for now
    love Bertie
    Happy New Year to you, Johanna and Neil.

    ReplyDelete